Traditionally, the role of a kitchen was restricted to cooking and dining. However, in the modern home set up, kitchens have evolved as a space for social gatherings as well. As the most important place for family conversations, the look and feel of kitchen has a significant impact on the members of the family. A well-organized kitchen enhances the pleasure of cooking and dining. To serve the new role of a social space, fitted kitchens provide the best solution. Sporting excellent designs, these structures come with a great sense of luxury and functionality.
Planning for a Fitted Kitchen: What to Look for?
Fitted kitchens are available in a range of designs. To select a kitchen suited to you and to your home, consider the following points:
• Analyze your existing kitchen and make a list of your requirements. Focus on the ways to simplify the process of cooking. For example, you can estimate the number of cabinets required for storage.
• Measure the kitchen area with great precision. Create a rough diagram of the kitchen with exact measurements. Mark the placement of doors and windows in the kitchen. It will help you select from different fitted kitchen designs available in the market.
• List the number of appliances, such as refrigerator, microwave, washing machine and so on. It is best if you can plan their placement according to your requirements, well in advance. The concept of the golden triangle (installing refrigerator, cooker and sink to form three points of a triangle) is considered an ideal placement.
• Consider the supply of services such as electricity, telephone line and water. Also, mark the expected drainage system in the layout.
It is confusing to consider these small, but essential, details once you set out for the actual shopping. Thus, planning always helps to make an informed decision.
How to Choose a Fitted Kitchen
Fitted kitchens are the order of the day in the building industry. There is a huge and bewildering range of different varieties of fitted kitchens, from the traditional to the ultra modern, available in a wide selection of colors, woods and finishes. This makes choosing one rather difficult. To make this process easier, one should stick to the basics, such as:
• Requirements: Based on the details mentioned in the layout plan, select fitted kitchen designs that match the space and appliance requirements. Look for what facilities are covered in a kitchen design.
• Cost: Pricing remains the determining factor for a majority of the families. Look for designs that fall within your budget. Remember, investment in a fitted kitchen is a smart decision. It makes your kitchen appear luxurious and adds to the market value of your house.
• Longevity: Examine the raw material used to manufacture different components of the kitchen. Are they durable enough to pay for their cost?
• Lifestyle: Mostly, people want to buy a kitchen that will reflect their standard of living. If budget is not a limitation, you can look for luxurious kitchen designs.
• Installation cost: Check the cost of kitchen fitting. This will vary between suppliers and manufacturers.
• Service: Opt for a company that offers high quality after-sales service. Read blogs, testimonials and forums to know which companies you can rely upon. You’ll want to use an organization that takes away their unused waste materials and cleans/vacuums behind them, leaving just your tidy new kitchen.
A fitted kitchen is a big investment when it comes to home remodeling. It is essential to buy a good quality fitted kitchen that aligns with your requirements and has a long life. To this end, you should search the market for different products and companies. This will help you get the best deal at an affordable price. For example, oak kitchens are considered a good choice for their fine texture and longevity. However, you may prefer traditional pine or even a sleek modern kitchen.